What to do if a blood clot comes out during pregnancy?
Now 24 weeks of pregnancy have gone, sometimes brown discharge comes out, what can it be? The placenta is high, there is no detachment, the neck is 37.5.
Zdravstvuyte, u menia 2 nedeli beremenostii 12 den bol v jivote tianula v niz, bolela spina, poshli rozovie mesechnie pol dnia. Rotom upal kakoi-to malenki kusok posle etogo korichnie vidilenia (((vrach moi otdixaet, chto eto vikidish.
Good day to you!
Donate blood to hCG twice with an interval of 48 hours - according to the dynamics of the analysis, it will be possible to tell whether the pregnancy is prolonged or not.
Take care of yourself!
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Good morning, 5 weeks of pregnancy, pink mucous discharge sometimes appears, and today there is a blood clot. Tell me, what could it be?
Good day to you!
This may be the threat of termination of pregnancy.
It is also necessary to exclude an ectopic pregnancy.
Make an ultrasound of the pelvic organs with a vaginal probe and, with the results, consult a gynecologist.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Pregnancy 11 weeks. Ultrasound heart + good blood tests, urine. but here's the problem - it has been smearing for three weeks Maybe because of the two-horned uterus? The gynecologist doesn’t really say anything. Because of this, hemoglobin decreased.
Good day to you!
If "smears" - then there is the threat of abortion.
Under these conditions, progesterone drugs are usually prescribed (did not the gynecologist give you anything? What is blood progesterone? What is the data on the coagulogram? Is there a polyp in the cervical canal? Or is there a cervical erosion?).
Without additional data it is difficult to say something definitely.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Hello. I have 18 weeks gestation. Yesterday, blood clots came out 2 times and blood is flowing as during menstruation. The stomach does not hurt. What could it be?
Good day to you!
More like a threatened abortion - do an ultrasound and consult a gynecologist.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Hello, pregnancy 5 weeks, went to the ultrasound. Yesterday I started to bleed not much of course. Why is that? And on the Uzi in conclusion wrote: not excl. early pregnancy. Echo signs of serozocervix how to understand? Explain, please.
Good day to you!
Donate blood to hCG to confirm / exclude pregnancy.
The doctor clearly does not see the fetal egg in the uterus, so there is no talk about confirmed uterine pregnancy so far - we need to do an ultrasound scan in dynamics.
Serozocervix is the presence of fluid in the cervical canal (that is, in the cervix) - this may look like blood that comes out of the uterus.
Refer to the gynecologist with the results of ultrasound and hCG, the doctor will orient you regarding further tactics.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Pregnancy 9 weeks, stopped drinking Duphaston, started smearing brown and with clots, what to do? We do not have a gynecologist where to turn?
Good day to you!
It is best to do an ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
If this is not possible, then you need to resume taking Dufaston and take it at least until the first screening (11-12 weeks).
Cancel Duphaston in this case - only after consulting a gynecologist and gradually.
Take care of yourself!
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Good afternoon, I live in England, ultrasounds are not done here before 10 weeks. Three years ago I was attentive. then three years we tried to get pregnant! And the long-awaited two strips, it was the best gift (on the day when we did the test, we had 5 years from the wedding day). My cycle and ovulation is regular. On the 8th day of the delay, there was blood, we went with the husband to the hospital, waited there for 3 hours. The doctor only said an xgh 35 test and said to come for a blood test in two days. After arriving, a clot came from the doctor, another one the next day. Well, during the day, very small clots with blood.
Today, two days later, I was sure when I went to the doctor that I had a miscarriage and that I was no longer pregnant. even the chest was like on ordinary days without any pain. I donated blood, waited for two hours of the doctor, told me about my state of health (today I feel good, I still have discharge). and my hgch for today 65, I did not expect.
The doctor said that he could not say anything, that now we must come on Saturday to pass on the hormone hcch again. I don `t know what to do, where to go! Is there really no way to check if it is ectopic again !? Doctors do not say anything here at all. I had one ectopic (long history).
Maybe you can help me, I read forums all over the place they give me medicines and treatments, but they don’t say or do anything to me. Is it really impossible to find out what happened to me? if you need to do the cleaning and lakroskopii. Maybe I can do something in private clinics. Help me please. Thank.
Good day to you!
Without ultrasound it is difficult to say something definitely.
Therefore, you do not make appointments, because the tactics are different when there is a threat of uterine termination and ectopic pregnancy.
I think it would be advisable to undergo an ultrasound in private.
And hCG in the dynamics required.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Released blood clot during pregnancy
It happens that a woman suddenly notices that she has a large blood clot at one time during pregnancy. Most often this happens during a trip to the toilet, when taking a shower or any degree of tension in the muscles of the perineum (when lifting heavy, when trying to get up and so on). Usually, the exit of a clot is accompanied by increasing cramping pains: the uterus contracts to get rid of the "foreign body".
The exact reason why a blood clot came out during pregnancy, and what this may be, can be determined only by a doctor. But, most likely, there is a miscarriage at an early period: it is in the first days or weeks of gestation that such a phenomenon occurs most often.
The blood clot in this case is a fragment of the tissue from which the fetal membranes and the embryo were formed. Even if a miscarriage has occurred, you should still contact the gynecology for cleaning, otherwise there is a risk of inflammation or infection (if the clot is not completely out and some fragments of embryonic tissue remain in the uterus).
Save pregnancy in the event of miscarriage is no longer possible. But do not get upset. Of course, this is very sad, but you can not change anything. In addition, the fetus was almost certainly incompatible with life, and therefore there was no chance for its further development. After the recovery period and preparation for the next pregnancy, a woman can count on success. Still be sure to come true!
Early blood clots
By and large, any bleeding during gestation is a threat to the fetus and may result in its rejection. Vaginal bleeding is the most pronounced symptom of threatened abortion. If this is the blood of a bright scarlet color, and especially if red clots come out, then an ambulance must be called!
But the causes of blood clots during pregnancy can be different. When red or brown blood clots come out during pregnancy, the following dangerous conditions can be suspected by their appearance, quantity, color, and also by the attendant symptoms:
- Ectopic pregnancy. Symptoms of ectopic differ little from uterine pregnancy, and therefore it is not always possible to identify pathology in advance. There are often cases when bleeding begins with blood clots - and you have to act on an emergency basis. Precede rupture of the fallopian tube may be acute pain, giving back or in the direction of attachment of the ovum, as well as nausea, vomiting, dizziness.
- Fading pregnancy. If the fetus is not viable - and the pregnancy has stopped, the maternal organism will inevitably begin to get rid of the dead embryo. This process may be accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen, headaches, nausea, vomiting, indisposition, weakness, fever. And, of course, bleeding, starting several days or weeks after the death of the embryo, may also contain red blood clots.
- Detachment of the ovum or placenta. For a variety of different reasons, the fertilized egg (in the early period) or the placenta (including in later pregnancy) can begin to exfoliate prematurely, that is, to separate from the place of its attachment. As a result, a bruise forms at the place of exfoliation - blood flows from the damaged vessels. It may accumulate for some time in a depression, gathering in a clot. At the same time, it is not even necessary that a woman will bleed from the genital tract, if the placenta is located normally, that is, there is no presentation, because in this case blood accumulates between it and the uterus. But at some point, dark brown blood clots and a smearing brown discharge during pregnancy begin to appear - these are the hematomas resulting from the detachment. The detachment is usually accompanied by pain and weakness. If placental presentation was diagnosed, the bleeding will have a bright red color of fresh blood without clots.
Such conditions are very dangerous and threaten to interrupt pregnancy, the loss of a child. That is why a woman is urgently hospitalized and given therapy aimed at preserving pregnancy. In the later periods, the issue of preterm delivery is decided.
Blood clots late pregnancy
The threat of miscarriage or detachment can form even in the third trimester of pregnancy. But for the last weeks one more reason is characteristic for which a woman can observe that she has small blood clots. It is about the discharge of mucus plug before childbirth.
With the beginning of pregnancy, the cervix of the uterus is tightly blocked by cervical mucus, which reliably protects the fetus from infections from the outside. But as the female body begins to prepare for the upcoming labor, the cervix softens and the mucus plug disappears. This may not always be noticeable, because often the cork moves away during showering, using the toilet, or already during childbirth along with the flowing out waters, and a woman may not even know what she looks like. But it also happens that a pregnant woman discovers a lump of mucus or a small amount of it on the linen (if the stopper moves off in parts), and this mucus can contain blotches of pink, beige, scarlet or brown blood, and even look like a uniformly colored blood clot. The passage of cork means that childbirth is not far off.
Only in the latter case, you can remain calm, if a woman observes her own bloody clots during pregnancy. In all the others it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor, that is, not to wait for a scheduled examination, but to go to the hospital immediately! In a significant proportion of cases, when a pregnancy is threatened due to blood clots, the worst can be prevented. Therefore, it is impossible to do nothing.
Pink blood clots during pregnancy
And finally, let's talk about less dangerous conditions. Very often, women notice pink discharge during pregnancy. As a rule, these are ordinary leucids, slightly tinted in pink. This happens with mechanical damage to small vessels, which often occurs after examining a woman on a gynecologist's chair, after performing a transvaginal ultrasound, after intercourse, after a fall or other injury, and can also be observed against a background of progesterone deficiency or hormone therapy.
Such allocations do not pose a danger in most cases, but for reinsurance in the next few days it is better to exclude any physical and emotional stress. By the way, such secretions may contain streaks of red or brownish blood. But they never look like bleeding, but only look like impurities in ordinary vaginal secretions.
Features of first trimester bleeding
There is a widespread belief among patients that the appearance of blood during pregnancy is an extremely dangerous sign indicating a serious problem. Experts say that such a theory is wrong.
- Discharge, scarce at the beginning of gestation, is observed in a quarter of pregnant women.
- They do not always pose a threat to the fetus or mother and have a different origin.
- But in about half of the patients who applied to a specialist with a slight discharge of blood, in the early stages of pregnancy there is a threat of termination.
Each patient's bleeding has individual differences: some have abundant blood loss, others have a slight daub, and still others have bloody clots on their underwear. All the same, you need to consult with a specialist who will conduct the necessary diagnostics, prescribe tests and determine how dangerous such discharge.
Causes of bloody clots
Special attention is required for situations in which a blood clot has grown during pregnancy. In the first months of gestation, such phenomena are extremely dangerous and can result in fetal death or severe blood loss of the mother. Usually, such symptoms indicate the development of a miscarriage, and the clot is a fragment of embryonic tissues. Typically, such bleeding with clots begins suddenly during bowel movements or urination, when heavy objects are lifted, or under any other muscular tensions of the perineum or abdominal wall.
If there was a discharge of tissue. It is already impossible to save the pregnancy, because it is very often provoked by the discharge of fetal malformations. Then spontaneous interruption is a much better option than the birth of a deliberately sick or unviable child. In this way, the body itself revealed an anomaly in the fetus and got rid of such a child. It is necessary to reconcile with what happened and live on, because the situation could have ended differently.
The reasons that caused the appearance of blood secretions and clots, a lot. But for any of them the intervention of specialists is necessary. A fetal egg may not be completely rejected, then particles will remain in the uterine cavity, which will begin to decompose, which will cause the hardest infection process.
Sometimes the symptoms are completely absent, which should alert. If signs of pregnancy suddenly disappear, such as chest soreness and swelling, dizziness and toxicosis, then you also need to contact a antenatal clinic.
Threat of interruption
If the patient is threatened with miscarriage or spontaneous interruption of gestation, then periodic pulsating painful sensations accompanying the outgoing blood appear. The process usually begins with a slight bloody smear, but if this symptom is neglected, the bleeding will develop to an intensive level, and the embryo will exfoliate and slip out of the uterus. But such a sad outcome is not always possible.
- If the embryo has not peeled off and is firmly attached to the uterine endometrium, then there are chances to save the carrying, and they are not so small.
- If already at the very beginning of the abortive process, the fetus had any serious defects, or the interruption processes developed into a state of irreversibility, then a complete miscarriage occurs.
- Sometimes this interruption occurs on the background of inflammatory lesions of the reproductive system, traumatic injuries or infections that affect the urinary system.
- Initially, abundant discharge of blood clots is accompanied by severe pain, which indicates a complete miscarriage. Soon, painful sensations cease, as do clots.
- But a miscarriage can become incomplete if the bleeding continues, the discharge of clots continues, and the cervical canal is in the open state. This condition is dangerous for the patient who needs urgent scraping.
- Usually, bleeding in the first weeks of gestation and with blood clots indicates an incomplete interruption, which leads to a pronounced feverish state, an unbearable pain that resembles contractions, as well as a thick red discharge. Urgent scraping is needed here.
Grasp-like pain associated with contractions of the uterine muscles, the purpose of which is to push the fetus. If among the clots are clearly visible elements of the fabric, then this directly indicates the exfoliation of the ovum. Usually, such an abortion occurs before the 28-week period against the background of severe stressful situations, Rhesus-conflict or infections, etc.
Sometimes the pregnant woman is faced with bleeding with clots on the background of hematoma formation, in which the discharge becomes dark brown. The ovum itself peels off and bloody clots form on this area. Characteristic signs of this state are too dark discharge containing clots.
Bleeding with hematoma can be quite scant, but the presence of clots in the discharge is an extremely bad sign.This situation requires urgent medical intervention, because it is in the early stages of the chance of miscarriage is incredibly high.
A slight discharge of blood with clots is observed when the fetus fades. Just for a number of reasons, the embryo stops developing. At the same time, symptoms such as hyperthermic reaction, pain in the uterus, sudden disappearance of nausea and tenderness of the mammary glands, cessation of toxicosis and flatulence (characteristic of pregnancy) may be present. Also on intrauterine fetal fading can indicate a hyperthermic reaction and a decrease in basal parameters.
If the body starts to get rid of the dead fetus, then pain may begin to hurt, bleeding will open with clots. But in practice, it often happens that the patient learns about the problem several weeks after fading, when emergency curettage is required. The causes of fading can be many (hormonal disorders, genetic abnormalities, etc.), but most often it is not possible to figure out the etiology of miscarriage.
Abnormal implantation of the embryo can also trigger the release of blood clots in the first weeks after conception. Normally, about a week after the meeting of the sperm and the cells, the fetal egg is attached to the endometrium in the uterus. But under the influence of pathological factors, attachment can occur outside the uterine body, and, for example, in the fallopian tube. Such a pregnancy is doomed to fetal death, so the first question arises about the preservation of the patient's life.
- First, the ectopic conception develops as a completely normal pregnancy, that is, it is detected by a test, accompanied by toxic symptoms, a lack of menstruation and swelling of the breast.
- But with the growth of the ovum, the pipe walls are stretched, which makes it break.
- This usually occurs on short periods, so the blood clots out during the first weeks of gestation, and the bleeding is abundant and deadly for the patient.
- Symptoms such as severe pain at the site of embryo fixation, dizziness and weakness, cold sweat, etc., also speak of a rupture during this period.
There are many ways to extract the fetus from the tube, without removing the organ or bringing it to a dangerous state of rupture. For this purpose, modern laparoscopic techniques are used that do not require open access to the tube. If the ectopic pregnancy is not detected in a timely manner, then the tube along with the embryo will have to be removed, which significantly reduces the chances of subsequent conception.
Another reason for the appearance of clots in the first months of gestation is caused by a blistering skid. This is an abnormal development of the tissues that form the placenta. The reason for this pathological deviation are natural errors during fertilization. In the uterine body, instead of the embryo, the formation of a trophoblastic tumor body occurs in the form of a cluster of many small cysts. At the same time, the uterine body is somewhat enlarged, when during a normal pregnancy it should be much smaller.
The patient is concerned about the discharge of blood, which can be observed for a long time, until the whole tumor comes out and does not release the uterine cavity. The color of bleeding is usually dark with a thick consistency and clots. The oocyte vesicles are present in the secretions, although they are not abundant. Such a discharge can trigger the development of iron deficiency anemia. Symptomatic picture can be complemented by rapid heartbeat and vomiting. If assistance is not provided in a timely manner, then the risk of developing trophoblastic cell structures in other intraorganic systems increases.
In any gestational term, the occurrence of such pathology as detachment of placental tissues is possible. But unlike the other trimesters, in the very first, it is characterized by the most favorable forecasts. Pathology is accompanied by aching pain and slight aggravations in the lower abdomen or in the lower back. Basal parameters in this pathology are reduced, there are bloody discharge with small clots.
It is quite possible to arrest the process of detachment, but timely treatment is necessary. Any negative effects of prolongation of pregnancy are usually absent, because the growing placental tissues with the development of gestation compensate for the damaged area. In the short term, the process of exfoliation can be determined using ultrasound diagnostics.
Pregnancy is not protected from pathological problems in the genital area. Moreover, many pathologies have a hormone-dependent nature, therefore, in the course of gestation, they are prone to exacerbation, and those proceeding latently begin to manifest themselves clearly. Therefore, the appearance of blood clots may indicate the development of gynecological pathology. Some of them are safe, and some can seriously threaten the little man growing inside. These are the most common factors for bloody, clotted discharge.
- Sexually transmitted diseases. Sometimes provoke blood with clots can increased activity of Trichomonas, chlamydial and other pathogenic microorganisms. In addition to blood clots that increase the risk of spontaneous interruption, these conditions are accompanied by the presence of fetid odor and itchy sensations in the perineum, weakness and hyperthermic reactions.
- Uterine cervix erosion. If erosive lesions are formed on the cervical canal, these conditions can also be accompanied by bloody discharge at the beginning of the carrying. The secretions are red-brown or pink in color, but the patient and the fetus are not in any way threatened. Erosion treatment is usually carried out after delivery.
- Polyps. The presence of benign growths on the inner surface of the uterus or cervical canal can also lead to the appearance of blood with small clots. Usually in the early stages such discharges are painless and have a scanty character. Depending on the situation, a polyp can be removed even during pregnancy or after delivery, although more often doctors postpone treatment for the postpartum period. And often polyps exfoliate independently, when the hormonal background of the patient changes after the birth of the crumbs.
- Phlebeurysm. This pathology affects not only the veins of the extremities, varicose veins are often found on the vagina, which is also permeated with many vessels and a wreath. With this disease, women experience unpleasant sensations during sexual intercourse, because the secret facilitating penetration of the penis is hardly distinguished due to a violation of the secretory function in the presence of varicose veins. Such a condition for carrying and fetus is not dangerous, but it gives mom a lot of discomfort.
These are the most common causes that can trigger the appearance of blood clots in a girl in the position, but not all of them pose a threat to the baby and mother.
What to do with this bleeding
Whatever factors are not caused by bleeding during gestation in the first months, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist and therapeutic measures. It is inappropriate to wait or try to deal with the problem yourself. Even with a serious threat of interruption with timely gynecological care in 80% of cases it is possible to prolong the pregnancy.
Usually, with such bleedings, taking into account their origin, drugs such as No-shpy or Papaverina are shown, which reduce the excessive tension of the uterine walls, eliminate pain symptoms and prevent pushing of the ovum from the uterine cavity. Utrozhestan or Duphaston may also be appointed. These are hormonal drugs that normalize the progesterone level. When this hormone is deficient, bleeding often develops. If the threat is more serious, then the hormone is administered in its pure form by injection.
Often, in similar situations, Valeriana or Motherwort is shown, which eliminates Mommy’s excessive anxiety and promotes relaxation of the uterine muscles. But the most basic drugs for the occurrence of bloody clots in pregnant women are considered to be hemostatic agents, which include Ditsinon, Tranexam, Vikasol, Troxaminat or Exacil.
Even the most insignificant bleeding character demands the attention of a physician, therefore, when they appear, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist, especially if there are symptoms like severe abdominal pain and deterioration of the general condition. Only a doctor will be able to correctly assess the seriousness of the situation, identify the threat and prevent abortion in a timely manner.
Why do blood clots occur in early pregnancy?
In all cases, with the exception of some phenomenal ones, as soon as women become pregnant, the menstrual cycle ends. In some women, the process of pregnancy proceeds smoothly, without any particular severe cases. And others who have weak immunity, or poor nutrition, may have problems with the health and development of the baby. One of these problems is the formation of blood clots in early pregnancy.
If a woman has blood clots, then she must immediately see a doctor and undergo treatment, otherwise the consequences can be tragic. Only in exceptional cases, for example, when the ovum is attached to the uterus, the discharge may contain small blood clots that are safe for health.
Signs of blood clots:
- begins to prick in the uterus,
- increasing pain in the uterus,
- begins to feel sick and always want to go to the toilet,
- feeling as if cut inside.
If the above signs appear, you should immediately consult a doctor. The gynecologist will be able to accurately determine the cause of the release of blood clots and prescribe the necessary treatment. If a woman in the first weeks of pregnancy saw that a small bleeding started, this most likely means that a miscarriage is possible if not prescribed treatment in time.
Pathologies resulting in blood clots
It is proved that any bleeding, except in exceptional cases, is a threat to the developing fetus and can lead to miscarriage and abortion. Depending on the color of the blood coming out, the following dangerous conditions for the woman can be predicted:
- Ectopic pregnancy. Few people can distinguish ectopic pregnancy from uterine. But the signs of ectopic pregnancy is still there. In addition to blood discharge from an ectopic pregnancy, a symptom such as pain in the uterine tube, which is given in the back or slightly away from the developing fetus, is characteristic. Ectopic pregnancy is dangerous because it can lead to rupture of the fallopian tube.
- Fading pregnancy. Sometimes it happens that the lack of certain substances leads to the fact that the fetus dies, and the pregnancy stops, which leads to rejection of the fetus by the mother's body. This process is always accompanied by acute lower abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting. After some time, blood begins to flow, which determines the outcome of pregnancy.
- Abruption of the fetus (ovum) or placenta. Doctors give a huge number of reasons that may be related to the fact that the fertilized egg (usually in the early stages) or the placenta (in the late period of pregnancy) begin to flake off, thereby separating from the place where the egg recently entrenched. As a result, a bruise is obtained at the site of exfoliation of the placenta, and blood slowly begins to leave the damaged vessels, which eventually forms blood clots. The resulting blood clot takes on a brown color and smears, which is an exact symptom of the fact that the placenta or fetal egg has become detached from the place where it has entrenched.
- Spontaneous abortion. Very often, gynecologists notice such cases when the body of a pregnant woman begins to reject the fetus. In such cases, severe pain is usually observed, because the cervix opens, which leads to a sharp contraction of the uterus, and the mother's body begins to push the fetus. This whole process is accompanied by abundant bleeding, and not only the fetus, but also the female body are at great risk.
- Thrombophlebitis. When pregnancy begins, the woman’s entire body undergoes changes, including the composition of the blood. Blood coagulation decreases, blood circulation slows down, and the fetus begins to put pressure on all vessels. Because of this, 1% of all women develop blood clots in the vessels. According to doctors, they do not pose a particular danger, but treatment must be carried out.
All of the above conditions for women and the fetus are extremely dangerous and, if not to take action immediately, it will lead to the loss of the fetus and abortion.
If this happens, the woman should be immediately hospitalized and treated to further preserve the pregnancy.
And in late pregnancy usually resorted to early childbirth.
Other discharge during pregnancy
Often, a pregnant woman may notice that she has a pinkish blood clot. Doctors believe that by and large there is nothing to be worried, because clots of pink color are ordinary leucorrhoea.
This often happens after examining a pregnant woman in a chair at the gynecologist, after an ultrasound scan of the vaginal area. This may also be due to a shortage of progesterone. In these cases, damage occurs to the smallest vessels. And it is not dangerous for the life and health of both the mother and the developing fetus.
Also in pregnant women in the early stages can be observed cheesy discharge. They should not be particularly disturbed by the woman in the position, but it is still necessary to visit a gynecologist. Cheesy discharge often indicates thrush. Usually, thrush is accompanied by severe itching and burning in the vaginal area. Most often the cause of thrush is in the weakening of the immunity of the pregnant. But if after an examination at the gynecologist and treatment, a week passes, and the cheesy discharge does not pass, then an urgent need to visit the doctor again.
In order to avoid all of the above, a woman who is in a position should take care of herself, her food, walk in the open air more often, and not lift heavy things. This will help her prevent unpleasant and dangerous consequences.
What it is?
The constancy of the body is impossible without maintaining a certain fluidity and density of blood. It must be sufficiently liquid to penetrate well to all internal organs.
Blood thickening usually occurs. in violation of the process of thrombosis. The development of this condition can lead a variety of reasons.
Doctors call clot compacted bloody "lump", which is located inside the lumen of a blood vessel. At the heart of its structure is a huge number of platelets, glued together with a special organic substance.
Normally, in a healthy organism there is always a strict correspondence between the formation and death of platelets. This is in many ways and ensures the normal viscosity and fluidity of the blood. When pathologies occur in the maternal organism, the blood becomes strongly "thick", and various clots appear.
The most dangerous is their appearance in the large blood vessels that feed the fetus. This leads to the fact that all of its vital processes are disturbed. In the early stages of childbearing, such a situation can lead to a spontaneous miscarriage or the threat of abortion.
The appearance of single blood clots in the very first weeks and months of pregnancy may be quite physiological response. In some mummies, this condition is quite common.
If a woman does not know what is waiting for the baby, then she may consider that these clots are menstrual. This situation is possible, as a rule, in the first 5-6 weeks after conception.
If, in the early stages of pregnancy, severe bleeding occurs, this is already a very threatening situation, indicative of the onset of a possible miscarriage.
In this case, the woman also appears other, very unfavorable symptoms. She may feel severe “dagger” pain in the lower abdomen. In severe cases, the woman loses consciousness from the pronounced pain syndrome.
Spontaneous abortion can also happen after taking a too hot and long bath or going to the toilet. This situation is quite common in women with combined diseases of the reproductive organs.
Symptoms in this state develop, as a rule, rapidly. The severity of bleeding can be quite severe.
How can this condition be dangerous?
A rather critical violation of thrombus formation at 5-11 weeks of intrauterine fetal development. At this time, the baby is laying all the vital internal organs.
Нарушение кровоснабжения плода на сроке до 12 недель может привести к формированию у него серьезных пороков развития, которые могут проявиться уже после рождения крохи.
Появление сгустков в кровеносных сосудах на поздних сроках беременности также является крайне неблагоприятным состоянием. Оно может привести к развитию очень опасного состояния, которые врачи называют гипоксией.
This pathology is characterized strong starvation of cells of all organs of the baby. Prolonged hypoxia is also fraught with the development of numerous diseases. The most vulnerable organs are the brain and the heart of the baby.
Without the provision of qualified medical care, quite dangerous pathologies can form in a baby, which often acquire a further chronic progressive course.
In the early stages
Quite frequent pathology, accompanied by the appearance of clots from the vagina in a pregnant woman, is an ectopic pregnancy. The danger of this pathology is that, unfortunately, it is extremely rare to identify it at the earliest stages. Exfoliating fetus causes severe bleeding, which is accompanied by the release of clots.
Failure to provide timely medical care can even lead to the death of the future mom. In this case emergency hospitalization of a pregnant woman to the gynecology is required and carrying out her surgical treatment with the removal of the ovum.
"Frozen" pregnancy is another pathology that may be accompanied by the appearance of clots. It is characterized by the fact that at a certain stage of its prenatal development, a small embryo simply ceases to fully grow and develop.
This condition manifests itself in the first trimester of pregnancy. This is an extremely difficult pathology. In this case, it is necessary to terminate the pregnancy, since the further development of the baby, unfortunately, is no longer possible.
The detachment of the embryo from the uterine wall in the early weeks of its intrauterine development can also lead to bleeding in a pregnant woman with an admixture of bloody clots. In this situation, the small fruit begins detach from the uterine wall as a result of exposure to a variety of external factors and causes.
Strong psychological stress or too intense physical exertion can lead to the development of such a situation. Also provoke delamination can and various diseases of internal organs, which afflict the expectant mother.
This pathology manifests itself, as a rule, by “bloody” bleeding with the presence of various blood clots in them. The woman has pain syndrome with an epicenter in the lower abdomen. Usually its intensity increases within a few hours.
The pain can be unbearable. Without medical care, the prognosis for women is also unfavorable.
Thrombophlebitis of blood vessels is a very dangerous pathology that can develop in any period of pregnancy. There is a certain genetic predisposition for the development of this disease in a woman.
This disease is characterized by the development of numerous bloodstained blood clots that cover the lumen of blood vessels. This pathology is extremely unfavorable for the course of pregnancy and can lead to the threat of spontaneous miscarriage in the early stages of carrying a baby.
On late terms
Placental abruption is a fairly frequent pathology that can manifest itself in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. This is an extremely dangerous condition for both the mother and the fetus.
In some women, this pathology develops rapidly. Severe uterine bleeding can cause fetal death in a fairly short time. Also, this pathology is a threat to life for the most pregnant woman.
This condition is characterized by the appearance of sudden bleeding or even bleeding. The degree of manifestation of manifestations largely depends on how much the placenta has detached from the inner walls of the uterus.
The appearance of bleeding or spotting in the second half of pregnancy is a very important reason for the emergency call of the ambulance brigade.
Normal in a healthy pregnant woman, vaginal discharge is transparent or light. Their smell is subacid or neutral. Changes in these indicators - a significant reason for unplanned treatment to the doctor.
Normally, no bloody clots, even in small quantities in the late stages of carrying a baby should not be.
In the third trimester, the appearance of clots from the vagina of a pregnant woman may be associated with the discharge of mucus plug. It is necessary to protect the baby, who is in the womb, from various infections from outside. In the final period of pregnancy, the woman's body begins to prepare for the upcoming delivery.
This is manifested by the fact that the mucus plug can move away. For many women, this happens in the shower or after exercise. As a rule, with the discharge of mucous membrane, bloody clots also come out. These allocations are usually the expectant mother notices independently - when inspecting their underwear. In this case, the mucus is visible with various bloody scarlet or pinkish streaks.
Quite often it happens that during pregnancy, future mothers notice pink and not high red on their underwear. This, as a rule, causes them a real shock! Worry and panic is not worth it.
Such a situation may be triggered by minor injuries arising after a transvaginal ultrasound examination or after an examination by an obstetrician-gynecologist. Usually, these symptoms disappear on their own within a couple of days.
Doctors recommend in this case, only to limit any physical activity. In some cases, they may recommend the expectant mother, who has similar symptoms, to stay in bed for a couple of days.
If at this time the symptoms do not progress, and she did not appear red blood streaks, then you should not worry. With an unfavorable outcome of this condition or the appearance of pain syndrome seek medical advice immediately.
What to do when they appear?
The appearance of bleeding - a reason for seeking medical attention. To pull or postpone the visit in this case is simply dangerous! This can lead to a threat to life for both the fetus and the mother. The most dangerous progression of the condition. In most women, after the appearance of clots after a couple of hours, there is a strong uterine bleeding.
If a woman has discovered during urination or while taking a shower some unpleasant discharge from the genital tract, she should immediately see a doctor. It is extremely unfavorable if these symptoms develop on the background of increased body temperature or are accompanied by cramping pain in the lower half of the abdomen.
For information on how to maintain a pregnancy with a threatened miscarriage, see the following video.
Blood clots during pregnancy
Blood clots during pregnancy. Spotting with clots during pregnancy
Among the many advantages of pregnancy as a physiological process and as a period in a woman’s life, the fact that you can now forget about menstruation is now indisputable. If the pregnancy proceeds normally, then there are no gaskets and abdominal pains, and for many it makes life much easier.
However, unfortunately, successfully proceeding pregnancy has recently become more the exception than the rule. Stress, nervous tension, living conditions, and so on ... All this affects the condition of the woman and consequently the developing fetus. It is worth worrying - and now there was a daub. The threat of abortion is no longer something out of the ordinary, but rather the other way around becomes a regularity. Therefore, if you have a bloody vaginal discharge, then do not hesitate and do not think - immediately to the doctor. And if also with blood clots ... In general, this is not very good, of course, this should not be. Bloody clots are bad harbingers.
Clots with threatened miscarriage
The most significant symptom of a threatened abortion is bleeding. Blood clots may also come out of the vagina. If the bleeding is bright red - call an ambulance immediately or better, if there is such an opportunity, immediately go to the hospital, without waiting for the doctors to arrive.
You should know that in addition to bleeding with a threatened miscarriage, a woman may experience colic and abdominal pain, weakness, body temperature is elevated, and sometimes vomiting also joins.
There may be a hematoma during pregnancy — then a dark brown discharge. In a hematoma, the ovum flakes from the uterine wall and blood begins to collect in this place. In this case, the dark, often smearing vaginal discharge can also be accompanied by clots.
In any case, even if there is no bleeding, but is bleeding in clots, this is bad. Do not delay to visit the doctor. Especially high probability of miscarriage in early pregnancy.
Clots with spontaneous abortion
It is difficult to talk about it, but spontaneous miscarriages or abortions, alas, do happen quite often. The woman starts cramping pains, which are constantly increasing. In this case, the cervix opens, and the uterus itself begins to contract, pushing the fetus. Everything is accompanied by blood secretions interspersed with blood clots and even tissue fragments - the ovum is exfoliated. In such cases, abortion is rarely avoided. After the product of fertilization (the so-called tissue coming out of the vagina, from which the embryo should have been formed) is called, the contractions cease. This indicates that the miscarriage took place. Mostly this happens in the first days and weeks of pregnancy.
The danger of spontaneous abortion lies in the fact that not all tissues can come out, and the remains of the ovum are still in the uterine cavity. Therefore, it is necessary to carry out curettage to prevent the development of serious infections and complications.
Clots with missed abortion
It happens that the fetus fades in the womb. There are many factors that can be blamed for this. But it is not at all necessary that the woman immediately learns about what happened, especially in the early stages, when there is no stir yet. Usually after a few days, or even weeks after the embryo has subsided, bleeding may occur, accompanied by the release of blood clots.
Clots with thrombophlebitis
However, during pregnancy, another kind of blood clots may appear - in the veins and vessels. It's about thrombophlebitis. The fact is that the blood of a pregnant woman also undergoes certain changes: in particular, the composition of the blood and its clotting mechanisms change. Also during this period, the blood circulation of the woman slows down somewhat - the growing tummy puts pressure on the blood vessels. All this may be the cause of blood clots in the vessels, which occurs in 1% of pregnant women. Therefore, if you have encountered a similar problem before, then you need to tell your gynecologist about this when you are registered.
Do not worry much if blood clots are visible on the surface of the legs - in the veins. It does not pose any particular danger, but it requires treatment: you will be prescribed analgesics, local heat, a bandage on the leg. You should consult a doctor even if you do not observe clots close to the skin surface in such cases: the legs are pale and cold, red stripes are seen above the veins, part of the leg can swell, become soft and hot, and there is pain in the leg.
White clots in thrush
When it comes to clots secreted from the vagina during pregnancy, it can be white clots of mucus. If at the same time they have a cheesy consistency and a characteristic sour smell - you have thrush. Also, there is a feeling of severe itching and even burning in the vagina. While carrying a child, candidiasis simply attacks the weakened body of a woman. The disease may manifest itself in any of the trimesters, or it may appear from the very first days and not pass until the very end of the term. Be sure to recover before the onset of labor. Wear only natural linen, lubricate the vagina with kefir, do not use soap for intimate hygiene - wash with soda solution. What else to do in such cases - read on our website.
Whatever clots you have, you should still find out the reason for their occurrence and do everything that is required in your situation. Let your pregnancy not be overshadowed by such unpleasant things!
Causes of bloody clot during pregnancy
During the normal course of pregnancy there should be no bleeding. Therefore, if a woman noticed blood clots during pregnancy in her underwear, she should get an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible. Since in some cases, with the timely provision of medical care, the development of pathology can be stopped and the pregnancy can be maintained. Next, we consider in which cases vaginal bleeding may appear in clots during pregnancy, and what should a woman do if they are detected:
- The threat of premature termination of pregnancy (miscarriage) . If a woman in the position feels dizzy, weak, and nauseous, her body temperature rises, and bright red discharge with blood clots appears, then these are obvious symptoms of threatened miscarriage. A pregnant woman who has the symptoms described above should immediately receive qualified medical assistance: if you can, you should go to the hospital yourself, if not, call an ambulance. The faster a woman will be examined by a gynecologist, the more likely is the pregnancy to continue.
- Hematoma . In some cases, the ovum with the embryo is not sufficiently firmly implanted in the uterine cavity, and eventually separates from it. A hematoma begins to form on the injured area of the mucous membrane, blood accumulates, and then it leaves the uterus in the form of a dark brown clot. During pregnancy, a hematoma in the uterus, potentially dangerous for the further normal development of the child. Therefore, even if the bleeding is not abundant, "smearing", the woman in the position must visit a gynecologist.
- Spontaneous abortion . It happens that the embryo is not viable, and then the woman's body tries to get rid of it on its own. This usually occurs during the first days or weeks after conception. Discharge clots during pregnancy, which itself is interrupted, have a bright red color, they contain the germ tissue and parts of the placenta. Even if it seemed to the woman that the fertilized egg had completely left her, she still needed to contact a gynecologist as quickly as possible so that he could send her to cure the uterus. This procedure must be carried out, since parts of the tissues of the ovum could remain in the organ cavity, and they can cause the development of an inflammatory process in the uterus and even sepsis.
- Fading Pregnancy . Sometimes it happens that the embryo stops developing and dies. Such cases are called missed abortion. In the early stages, it is difficult to suspect and diagnose it in time, since the fetal movements have not yet occurred. One of the signs of the development of such a pathology is the appearance of scanty discharge with bloody clots during pregnancy. A woman should definitely contact a gynecologist when the first appearance of clots with blood streaks. After all, the dead embryo will soon begin to decompose in the uterus. And this is fraught with not only inflammation of the genital organs, but also the development of sepsis, which is a threat to the life of a woman.
As you can see, the reasons for the appearance of bloody clots from the vagina during pregnancy are quite serious. And they pose a threat not only to the life of the fetus, but also to the life of the mother.
Why is it so important to contact a gynecologist in time when discharge occurs?
The appearance of blood clots from the vagina during pregnancy is a signal that the pregnancy develops atypically, there is a threat to the life of the child and to the health of the mother. The blood during the carrying of the fetus can go only when there is a rupture of the inner membrane of the ovum, in which a large number of blood vessels are located.
If a woman notices bloody clots in her underwear during pregnancy, she should immediately contact a gynecologist. The doctor will carry out an examination on the gynecological chair, if necessary, she will send the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and, if it is possible to preserve the pregnancy, she will prescribe a complex hospital treatment to the woman. In situations where the fetus has already died or the further development of pregnancy is not possible, the gynecologist will send the woman to clean the uterus and prescribe a course of drugs to prevent the occurrence of infection and inflammation of the genital organs.
But delaying a visit to the doctor with the appearance of bloody clots during pregnancy is fraught with not only the death of the fetus, but also the development of inflammatory processes in the genitals, up to sepsis, which can be fatal.
Summing up the article, I would like to say: lovely women be attentive to their health during the child's pregnancy, when the slightest atypical vaginal discharge appears, immediately contact a gynecologist, especially if you notice blood clots on your underwear.
Очень часто случается так, что у женщины появляются сгустки крови при беременности на ранних сроках. Данное явление в большинстве случаев довольно опасное и может нести угрозу как будущей матери, так и плоду. Therefore, any bleeding should be urgently examined by a gynecologist.
Why does the problem require the intervention of doctors?
Any deviation from the norm during pregnancy in the first place threatens the state of the unborn child. Independent determination of the reasons why blood clots suddenly went, is fraught with serious complications. Such a situation signals - something is wrong with the child or there is a threat of miscarriage.
Blood during pregnancy is only when the inner lining of the uterus is damaged. It has a large number of vessels that can rupture and provoke bleeding. Even if you can remove this symptom yourself, the consequences will manifest themselves in time. It is imperative that you contact a qualified doctor who, through a thorough examination, will be able to establish why it was you who had such a discomfort. In such situations, a manual examination with the help of gynecological instruments, abdominal palpation, and sometimes a smear is practiced. Especially in the hospital, the expectant mother is under observation all the time and can consult with a specialist at any time.
Preserving pregnancy is every woman’s cherished dream “in position,” so she should be as responsible as possible about her health. Why not go to the hospital for retention if there is a risk of miscarriage? Meanwhile, many women, despite the contraindications, prefer to be at home, they do not spare themselves at work.
In order to prevent possible complications, a pregnant woman needs to remain calm in all situations, eat right and have enough food, be more open air, play sports that are allowed during pregnancy.
If you still notice the slightest change in your health for the worse, immediately go to the doctor. Often, by a small sign, serious diseases can be recognized and prevented. Even if nothing special happens, you need to visit your doctor more often: he will be able to explain what changes occur in the woman's body during pregnancy, why it is so important to observe the regimen and not overwork.
Blood clots during pregnancy. Spotting with clots during pregnancy
Among the many advantages of pregnancy as a physiological process and as a period in a woman’s life, the fact that you can now forget about menstruation for nine months is indisputable. If the pregnancy proceeds normally, then there are no gaskets and abdominal pains, and for many it makes life much easier.
However, unfortunately, successfully proceeding pregnancy has recently become more the exception than the rule. Stress, nervous tension, living conditions, and so on ... All this affects the condition of the woman and consequently the developing fetus. It is worth worrying - and now it has appeared. The threat of abortion is no longer something out of the ordinary, but rather the other way around becomes a regularity. Therefore, if you have a bloody vaginal discharge, then do not hesitate and do not think - immediately to the doctor. And if also with blood clots ... In general, this is not very good, of course, this should not be. Bloody clots are bad harbingers.
Important Facts About First Trimester Bleeding
There is an opinion, especially among women, that early pregnancy bleeding is a sign of miscarriage. This opinion is erroneous. Poor bleeding, which began in early pregnancy, occurs in women in approximately 26% of cases of gestation. And they do not always pose a threat to the life of a pregnant woman and her baby, which can bleed for many reasons. But nevertheless, it should be noted that in half of the registered appeals of women who had a slight bleeding, that is, in about 10–13% of cases, the blood during pregnancy in the early stages acted as a harbinger of its interruption.
The manifestations of bleeding during pregnancy are different for each woman. In some representatives of the weaker sex, the blood is smeared slightly in the form of spots or secretions. Other women experience profuse blood loss, and some find themselves with blood clots in early pregnancy. In any case, even if bleeding is not dangerous neither for the fetus nor for his mother, this optimistic fact should be reported by a competent doctor who does not rely on his experience or assumptions, but on quite eloquent information on blood tests and other diagnostic methods.
Causes of bleeding during gestational pregnancy
What are the causes of bleeding in early pregnancy:
- Menstruation continues at the stage of gestation in the case of a lack of the hormone hCG, which stops menstruation in pregnant women during the formation of the fetus. Human chorionic gonadotropin begins to be produced, like many other specific pregnancy hormones, at the time of insertion of a fertilized egg in the uterus. In case of insufficient production, the woman bled during pregnancy, sometimes with clots. Such a phenomenon in the people received the name "ablution of the fetus" or "go through the fruit." Usually, after the first trimester, everything is getting better, but there are cases of a nine-month ablution of the embryo with a very favorable outcome, that is, the birth of a full-fledged offspring.
- may be at the time of attachment of the fertilized egg to the uterine wall. It is expressed in blood stains or its veins, and stops after a day or a maximum of two. For bleeding implantation characteristic discharge of blood scarlet or pink.
- Pathology of the placenta or its presentation may cause bleeding in early pregnancy. This is due to abnormally low implantation of the placenta. Another problem is the detachment of the placenta from the uterine walls, this pathology makes itself felt in the form of severe pain and small blood clots appear.
- Ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg is fixed outside the uterine cavity, and in the fallopian tubes. Bleeding during pregnancy outside the uterus occurs when the tube ruptures, due to the growth of the embryo in it. When bleeding due to an ectopic pregnancy opens, immediately call a medical assistance brigade. Because you can’t stop him on your own, and you can pay for negligence with your own life or with the ability to become pregnant again. It is possible to prevent this development by turning to the gynecology, feeling pain in the lower abdomen. Often, pregnancy outside the uterus is accompanied by pronounced pain, which is unlikely to fail to notice.
- Discharge of blood after intercourse. Bleeding during pregnancy may be associated with active sexual life. Bloody discharge in this case are the result of increased blood supply to the genitals and softening of the uterine cervix. Despite the safety of such a reaction to carnal pleasures with a pregnant husband, everything is good in moderation and parents need to realize the importance of the normal and quiet development of the future person.
Causes of blood clots during pregnancy
Separately, it is necessary to consider the cases when a pregnant woman discovers that a blood clot has come out during pregnancy. In the early stages of gestation, this phenomenon is incredibly dangerous and is fraught with the death of the fetus. If a woman noticed that blood clots suddenly went off during pregnancy, then, most likely, a spontaneous miscarriage occurred. The clot in this case is a component of the fetal tissues from which the embryo and its membranes were formed. These blood clots come out during early pregnancy in the first three months.
Most often this happens when going to the toilet, shower, while lifting weights or with any strong muscular tension of the abdomen or perineum.
It is no longer possible to preserve a pregnancy during the discharge of embryonic tissues. Because the cause of their discharge are often the malformations of the fetus. And miscarriage, in this case, is better than having a non-viable child. It can be said that the organism independently “diagnosed the embryo” and, when it detected serious developmental abnormalities, “made a decision” to eliminate such flesh. The couple needs to take such a turn of events and come to terms with it, because it could be worse. In nature and human, including, everything is arranged very harmoniously, especially if it does not interfere.
If pregnancy is lost, when blood clots have withdrawn from a woman, it is imperative to contact a medical professional so that they can do an examination of the uterus, in order to avoid remnants of embryonic tissues. Because if they are not completely released, they can begin to decompose inside the womb, which entails a heavy infection of the woman’s body. After cleaning the uterus, remnants of embryonic fragments can be sent to the study to determine the cause of abortion. Perhaps the woman will be prescribed treatment aimed at restoring reproductive function.
The threat of miscarriage or its onset is often considered by physicians to be the main cause of bleeding in early pregnancy. But more often than not, only because doctors deliberately reinsured in order to eliminate with 100% certainty the danger of interrupting gestation. The percentage of miscarriages of up to 12 weeks in Russia is quite large - about 32% of the total number of pregnancies ending in the safe birth of a child.
If the critical threshold of the gestation period is behind and the pregnancy is proceeding normally, then it is very likely to assume that the child is being taken out normally and will appear on time. To try to prevent the loss of the fetus, it is necessary to know the signs of spontaneous miscarriage - these are intense, paroxysmal or spasmodic pains in the abdomen, lower back and back, as well as bleeding with or without clots.
Sometimes there are no symptoms at all, then the woman should be alerted by the disappearance of the characteristic signs of pregnancy, such as toxicosis, dizziness, swelling and pain in the chest.
Quite a different situation if a pregnant woman notices the release of blood or its clots in late pregnancy. Blood clots from the eighth to the ninth month of pregnancy foreshadow the onset of labor. In the last weeks of carrying the child, the body of the expectant mother is intensively prepared for childbirth. Among the preparatory measures, there is a softening of the cervix, and there may be a process of discharge of the uterine plug, which reliably protected the entrance to the uterus from the entry of foreign microorganisms into its cavity.
It is this process that a woman who is in late childbearing can observe in her is a clot of mucus and blood. This process is absolutely normal before delivery. It is necessary in any case to call the doctors to be delivered to the patrimonial department.
Measures to help pregnant women with bleeding
After finding out all the possible causes, a fair question arises: what to do if bleeding started in the first trimester of pregnancy? How to stop the bleeding, and whether a woman can do it herself before the arrival of the doctors or if it is impossible to call them. Whatever the cause of bleeding during pregnancy, if possible, you need to call an ambulance as soon as possible or start to stop the bleeding on your own and then get to the nearest medical center.
In the meantime, while the medical team is on the way, it is necessary to immediately assume a lying position and wait for their arrival. In no case can not even move. And it is also undesirable to drink, especially categorically prohibited drinks, with even a small amount of caffeine or other CNS stimulating substances, otherwise the bleeding may increase several times.
The list of banned products also increase blood pressure.
If relatives are present next to the woman, and the ambulance is delayed, it is allowed to give the pregnant woman a safe means of stopping blood loss. As a medicine, one of the herbs that is available is suitable.
Plants with a hemostatic effect:
- Shepherd's purse.
- Pepper water
- Leaves and especially sprigs of cherries.
A decoction of hemostatic herbs is better to prepare more concentrated than is provided in the recipe (usually one tablespoon per cup of boiling water). This is done so that a woman experiencing uterine bleeding does not drink large amounts of fluid. But you need to take this tool in small sips, controlling the state of the pregnant woman.
There is also a mass of pharmaceuticals to stop bleeding, but their reception must be coordinated with the doctor. Therefore, during periods of gestation, it is better not to prescribe medications for yourself, the ambulance team that arrived from a professional point of view will take all necessary measures. The actions of physicians in cases where a woman in a position can experience severe bleeding, are directed primarily to stop it. And after that, the woman is taken to the hospital for blood sampling for analysis and other diagnostic procedures in order to find out the cause of blood loss.